To work at The Reserve means you love people, interesting books, coffees, teas, kombuchas, fine wines, craft beers, and live music, and it also means you're fiercely devoted to delivering excellent customer service with a smile. We prefer candidates with prior service experience.
Bartender/Server Responsibilities (Part-Time):
We are looking for a mature, experienced, customer-service-oriented, outgoing and positive bartender to provide an excellent guest drinking and snacking/dining experience. Our bartenders/servers create classic and signature drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations. Knowledge of fine wines a plus, as we have a full wine bar and wine shop. Experience with pouring craft draft beer and Untappd craft beer software a plus. Experience in making/managing menus also a plus. You’ll make a decent hourly wage as well as good tips. This is a part-time position to help support us through season and it’s possible this role could continue beyond season and into next season. Please review details below and send inquiries to Kim Cressell at Kim@TheReserveSRQ.com or fill out the form below.
What You’ll be Doing
· Deliver an excellent guest experience (includes patrons and guests)
· Preparing and pouring craft alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages for bar and café patrons; includes cocktails, fine wines, and craft beers (on tap)
· Interact with customers, take orders and serve drinks and snacks, such as meat and cheese platters, cheese and cracker platters, Mediterranean platters, bar snacks, pretzels, etc.
· Assessing bar customers’ needs and preferences and making recommendations
· Prepping “light bites” based on customer orders (there is a possibility that you may have to do this, depending on staffing)
· Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails (could include craft cocktails and muddled cocktails)
· Help to develop, regularly update, and present bar menu
· Check customers’ identification and confirm they meet legal drinking age
· Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
· Clean bar and all service areas regularly; wipe tables; neaten the spaces
· Make sure glasses are clean and well-presented
· Make sure dirty dishes get bussed by busser
· Comply with all food and beverage regulations
· Operate Square point of sale system
· Manage monies
· Open and close drawer
· Work from checklists to make sure bar and environment is pleasing to customers and being efficiently run
· Using independent judgment to make it right if the customer isn’t satisfied
· Keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
· Keep the customer areas organized and clean (including main building and courtyard)
· Assisting with helping us maintain a good stock and inventory
· Putting a date on the wines, as they are opened, to ensure we are only serving fresh product
· Putting on music and turning on and/or dimming lights to set the ambience
· “Orbit” buildings to make sure everything looks good, neat, and in order
· Sweep everywhere and use Swifter as needed...wine room, bar, seating areas
· Follow closing procedures/checklist
What We’re Looking For
· Resume and proven experience working as a bartender/server in a hospitality environment
· Responsible, mature, and good team player
· Excellent knowledge in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
· Proven ability to pour a great craft beer off of the taps
· Computer literate (working knowledge of Word, Excel, Untappd craft beer software)
· Knowledge of a second language is a plus, but not a requirement
· Ability to mix and mingle with a diverse customer base
· Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
· Precision, cleanliness, and detail-orientedness a plus
· Relevant training, including mixology, or sanitation certificate also a plus
· Must be willing to work evenings and often, late
· We have monthly wine tastings; you can help us choose the wines for those tastings and attend some of them for free (if you’re a wine lover, a real plus)
· You’ll be able to help us continue to develop and refine our menus (both in the beverage arena, as well as foods)
· Free food & non-alcoholic drinks (within reason); we have a coffee/tea/kombucha shop on-site
· Employee discounts on all our products
· Discounts on guest rooms for friends and family
Barista/Server - Looking for professional, responsible, customer-service oriented barista/server. Please send inquiries to Kim Cressell at Kim@TheReserveSRQ.com or calling 1-888-41-RESER (1-888-417-3737) or fill out the form below.
Barista Job Responsibilities:
Promotes coffee, tea, kombucha, and food consumption by educating customers; selling coffee, teas, kombuchas; preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks, along with complementary foods.
Barista Job Duties:
Welcomes customers by determining their coffee and beverage interests and needs.
Educates customers by presenting and explaining the menus; answering questions.
Prepares and sells coffee drinks such as lattes, drips, espresso, cappuccino, cortados, herbal teas, and more.
Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products.
Maintains inventories by replenishing and maintaining beverages, foods, and supplies.
Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; cleaning and daily maintenance, and calling for repairs.
Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and sanitation regulations.
Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee/tea/kombucha bar.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
Enhances store reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Must daily and regularly clean and wipe tables, straighten courtyard area, collect dishes from both buildings.
Provide service with a smile.
Must be customer-service oriented, friendly, and approachable.
Start immediately upon successful interview and hiring process.
Hourly wage plus tips.
Musical Performers - We are seeing great talent. Looking for musical (or other) performers -- whether local or traveling from elsewhere -- to perform Saturday night and on Sundays. Open performance are any open dates you see on the calendar on this website, so if you're interested in being considered for those dates, please reach out right away. Music spans across most genres (including pop/rock, acoustic, progressive alternative, Motown, blues, jazz, classical, and more.) Please send inquiries to Kim@TheReserveSRQ.com or text 941-400-8396, or fill out the form below. Video clips, head shot, bio required in advance. (However, if you're just starting out, no worries. Provide as much as you have, and we'll work with you.) Payment is for a two-hour set, plus you'll receive 100% of all tips. You can also display/sell merchandise, artwork, etc. If you're coming in from out of town, we can discuss cash payment plus a possible deep discount (or barter) on a guest room.
If you are interested in any of the above, please complete the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can! Interviews (if necessary) are by appointment only. Please feel free to provide your information and paste in your resume in the "Message" block below. You can also send your resume to Kim@thereservesrq.com, mail it, or drop it by at 1322 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34236. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!